Now that I pass by Prada each morning, I’ve been noticing their hand bag collection.
tforia.com> Earlier last week> Prada's window full of perforated flats and handbag
tforia.com> Friday morning> luggage, canvas, lucite, crystal, and translucent plastic
Here are my favorites from their spring summer collection:
1. A canvas clutch with a Lucite/crystal opening, encased in plastic. It’s like a raincoat with a handles attachment for the clutch. Easy to carry through all sorts of weather–pretty and functional.
2. The perforated lunch bag. Great for hot lunches–lets the steam out with minimal damage to the perforated leather.
3. I first saw the translucent purple beach photo print bag in the window. It was encasing another canvas bag. Perhaps Prada is making a case for the handbag raincoat? Buy 2 bags instead of just one.
It’s great alone as a waterproof bag for the beach (minus the non waterproof canvas portions).
4. Prada has an array of reusable totes in their BYOB (“Bring your own Bags”) collection. The prints were too clashy. I like this plain hemp colored one. Very peasant like and modest:
5. A more “serious” tote. The Saffiano Lux shopping tote reminds me of a minimal Birkin bag. No belt.
6. Lastly, a large enough tote to throw a beach blanket in, the Saffiano Traforato Shopping Tote:
I’ve seen the same Nappa Gaufre tote (below) in most Prada media placements. They remind me of Miu Miu bags and seem too heavy for the summer. This flagship bag seems so different from the functionality and summery-ness of the other bags.
Bags for all summer occasions.
1. Plex + Mistolino Handbag (€1.650)
2. Saffiano Traforato Satchel (€1.100)
3. Plex + Mistolino Shopping Tote (€690)
4. Shopping BYOBag Mistolino (€200)
5. Saffiano Lux Shopping Tote (€990)
6. Saffiano Traforato Shopping Tote (€970)
7. Nappa Gaufre’ Shopping Tote (€1.580)